Reminders from the Band Booster President:
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, and got in some much needed R & R! There are a few band items that still need our attention.
1. Band payments are due. The fourth and last band payments are now due. If you are experiencing some kind of temporary hardship, please contact us and we would be happy to work with you!
2. We still have open slots in the Inman Filed concession stand schedule, and we would greatly appreciate your help! Band students are able to make money for their account by working the newly added CMS football games which are on Tuesday nights. Please contact Kristi Deetz (email@example.com ) if you are able to cover a shift. This is a very important money maker for the band! We expect that the concession stand will cover one quarter of our expenses this year with the addition of freshman and middle school games. If you are unsure about which date you have signed up to work, you can check the calendar below.
3. Magazine sales are in full swing, and the last day to turn in orders will be Sept. 11th. Sell, Sell, Sell!
4. T-shirts- If you have ordered a t-shirt, but have not yet received it, your student will be able to pick it up in the band room. I understand that many families were not aware of the shirt sale, so…. I will open it back up again. Students will be able to pick up order forms from the band room. Forms will need to be submitted WITH $15 PAYMENT to be ordered. Please place orders in the brown box in the band room. Please spread the word about shirts to any band parents that you think may be interested in purchasing a t-shirt, this will be the last run! Orders due by the end of band on Wednesday, September 10th.
5. We will also need volunteers to work the Chili Cook- Off Event downtown Saturday, September 13th. We will be done in plenty of time to make it to Central.
6. Our favorite band’s first contest will be Saturday, September 13 th at Evansville Central . Mr. Marsh will distribute the schedule closer to contest day.
7. Patron donations are coming in, and if you know of any individual or business that may be willing to support or help support a student, please forward the information and we will get a packet to them in the mail.
8. Next Band Booster meeting will be Monday, September 8th at 7:00 pm in the LHS bandroom. We will be done in plenty of time to watch the kiddos!
Thank you, for all that you do!
Concession Help Needed - Dates Added - Student Can Earn Band Account Funds!
We still have lots of opportunities to support the band with our football concession stand. We will now be doing the Clark 7th & 8th, Freshman, JV, and Varsity football game concessions. If every family made 2 commitments - we could cover it all easily. Also, since many of the underclassmen games are during band non-practice times, we have a special offer for you. For the Middle School games - band students can work a game and earn $10 for their band account. Email us to sign up.
Plus it is easy to check when you work. Concession worker lists are now on the calendar - just click on game listed on the date and click on "more details".
Please note that on the High School Games, the times shown are 1 hour before the game starts when the crew will beginning setting up the stand.
We still need more grillers and a few more workers for homecoming night. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
*Contest dates/locations have been added to the calendar - times will be announced as the event approaches.